As many Americans know, Memorial Day is the kickstart for all the summer fun. Many families and friends will be hitting the road for all kinds of festivities. Unfortunately, it is also one of the most dangerous times of the year to drive. Traffic is anticipated as millions of people crowd the highways, so you must be as prepared as possible. Follow these tips below for safe holiday travels:
- Be prepared – You can take preventative measures to ensure you get to your desired destination safely. One thing we recommend doing is by inspecting your car. Check your tire pressure and fill up your tank before departure. And if you need other assistance with assessing your vehicle, feel free to bring it to Turner Auto Care.
- Choose alternative routes if you have to – Toll roads or other less congested roads are safer. Make sure you do your research beforehand so that you plan for rerouting if necessary.
- Watch out for reckless drivers – While you may practice safe driving, some other drivers on the road may be very impatient. It is all about awareness when it comes to safe driving. Stay away from hazardous drivers where possible.
- Know the weather – The weather can change rapidly as you navigate the open road. Be sure to stay in the loop with the weather. You never know when an unexpected rainstorm, windstorm, or other hazardous conditions may appear.
- Keep your seatbelt on – Of course, please keep your seatbelts on the entire time (including your passengers). It’s the #1 rule of all driving.
If your vehicle needs a quick pre-trip inspection, please do not hesitate to stop by our auto repair shop soon.